Oct 19, 2017
Is the modern college campus suffering from a decline in viewpoint diversity? Do American universities prepare students for life in a politically divided democracy, or might they be teaching habits of thought that will add to America's political divisions? Does political orthodoxy reduce the quality of research, scholarship, and education?
Heterodox Academy and the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education conducted a live panel discussion at New York University in New York City on Tuesday, October 10 to explore these and other pressing questions.
The panelists included:
• Mark Lilla, professor, Columbia University
• Nadine Strossen, professor, New York Law School; former president, ACLU
• April Kelly-Woessner, professor, Elizabethtown College
• Sam Abrams, professor, Sarah Lawrence College
• Nico Perrino (moderator), host, So to Speak: The Free Speech Podcast; director of communications, FIRE
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/freespeechtalk
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/sotospeakpodcast
Email us: email@example.com
Call in a question: 215-315-0100